Well folks, as you can see, the wall-o-boxes is gradually getting bigger and bigger. We still have two weeks until M-Day (Moving Day), but between classes, Jon's work, and Easter, we are really trying to get as much done as we can early. This weekend is going to be a big push, and by the end of it, we will probably be living out of suitcases. We already only have 2 cups to use, but that is perfect - why do we need a whole cabinet of them when we aren't expecting any company, and we can just wash these two over and over again.
We had a little bit of a delay on the packing last weekend, but it was for a great weekend! The entire Saline family was down here in the valley for little Heidi's Birthday and little Elle's baby blessing. We did the birthday party here at my house, and it was great! Everything looked so cute! Shaunalee had great ideas and my entire dining room was decorated in pink and green for her "sweet pea" theme. No, I didn't get a picture of it - I was busy - but trust me when I tell you it was really cute!
Sunday we went to Elle's blessing. She looked beautiful in the amazing dress my sister-in-law Nikki made. Can you believe that? She made a blessing dress!! And it was an incredible dress!! She is simply amazing! After the blessing we went to Brenden and Nikki's house for a little lunch/dinner party.
It was so fun to see everyone and watch all of the little kids playing with each other.
I am getting anxious to move. I don't really like the "in-between" stage. It will be nice to be up there and settled. It will be nice for Jon to be at his new job. I will be so happy to have a job again to be bringing in some extra money. It will be great to be up there with family (though I will really miss the family we have down here).
I can't wait to post pictures from our new house! Only 15 more days (not that anyone is counting....)
Thank you all so much for your sweet thoughts you wrote about my last post. We really are excited about this new job and this move - everything is just working out so smoothly, and we just really feel like this is the right move for us - and we can't wait!
As you can see, the packing process is well under way. These are not the only boxes we have finished so far, some of them are just in other rooms, and they are too heavy for me to want to move them to our wall-o-boxes....so they are waiting for Jon and his muscles to come home!
Now, I have some thoughts about moving (I know, you are not surprised - I have thoughts about everything!) and I am going to share them with you:
1) I do not like packing! My dad says that the first punishment given to Adam and Eve after eating the fruit was having to move out of the Garden (as you can tell, he does not like moving either!)
2) Even though I don't like packing, it is nice to go through all of our stuff and get rid of a lot of it. Our goal is to not have to buy any new boxes....it's amazing how much junk you collect after even just a few short years!
3) This is our 4th move in 3 1/2 years, so we have a little bit of a system. Our boxes are already labeled, so most of the time we can just make sure we fill the boxes up with what it says on the outside - we already know that the stuff will fit, and we don't have to waste more Sharpie ink
4) Sharpies go dry much quicker when you are writing on a dusty cardboard box.
5) Clothes make really great bubble wrap. Bubble wrap is kind of spendy - and, we have used paper towels in the past, but that's a huge waste! Of course newspaper works great, but when you run out - clothes or spare material are a great alternative! It's summer, so it's not sweater season, so why not use those sweaters to wrap up your breakables? You need to bring your sweaters with you, and this way your breakables get padding, and you don't have to waste an entire box on sweaters! (Dirty clothes are great too.....of course none of you have enough dirty clothes just laying around to use for a move like I do...)
6) Last time we moved we ended up moving all of our stuff at least 4 times! We would stack everything in one spot, then we would need to clean that area, so we would move everything to a different spot! When we were finally moving them into the truck, they were in a back bedroom and kind of hard to get out. Not very bright on our part! This time we are stacking everything right next to the front door - duh right? Live and learn I guess.....
7) Finally, the last time we moved a lot of our pictures and picture frames (you know, the ones that go on the wall) got all scratched up or broken...and I am trying to figure out a better way to pack them. The problem is that our pictures are all different sizes and they don't fit in boxes very well. Do any of you have ideas about packing these difficult pictures?
So, those are my (incredibly boring) thoughts about moving. I am really excited about getting up there and unpacking - I think unpacking is fun because it's always nice to put your things in a nice new place.
If any of you have any brilliant moving tips that you have learned - I am all ears! Anything to make this process easier would be so great to hear!
Jon and I were married in the Snowflake, Arizona temple four years ago! Since then we have been on many adventures - law school, working at a high school, getting a dog, art competitions, moving, the Bar Exam, buying a house....and I am happy to say that I love him even more now than I did when we got married!!
I love our life and I am excited for the adventures that are ahead of us!!