Monday, March 9, 2009

Please Read This!!!

I wanted you all to know about this so you can complain and hopefully we can prevent this from happening.
HBO is planning to air sacred temple ceremonies on a show called "Big Love" this next season. Tom Hanks is the producer of this show and has said some pretty horrible things about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
They have spoken with people who have left the church have created a set that depicts special rooms in the temple as well as the ceremonies performed there.
There was an article in TV guide with a very disturbing image proving that this is real.

So what can we do??
Well, we need to peacefully complain to HBO as well as the FCC and explain to them how offensive and disrespectful this is.
The address to complain to HBO is:

Time Warner Inc.
One Time Warner Center
New York, NY
10019-8016

Phone Number: 212-484-8000

The address to complain to the FCC is:

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Complaints
445 12th Street, SW
Washington D.C.
20554

Our letters should RESPECTFULLY explain how wrong this is and also suggest that if HBO does in fact show this, we will no longer support HBO or its products (DVD's, Books, CD's) and we will encourage our friends and associates to do likewise.
I can't believe that this is actually being shown in such a public venue - it really makes me sick! I hope that we can all rally together and stop this from happening.
Please tell everyone you know - member and non-members alike.
I was telling one of my co-workers about it (she is not a member of the church) and she was very offended because she is deeply religious and understands the importance of sacred things.
I know that we can make a difference if we take action.
Please write!

4 comments:

ShawntelRaylene said...

Thanks Malori. My hubby and I sure will do our best.

Shellee said...

Thanks for the info. I think the show is disgraceful and it's shows like this that have led to the downfall of our society and the termination of morals.

Kimmie said...

You bet I will be writing! I am all about writing letters to stand up for what is right! I wrote to the Scottsdale Mall in respectful protest of their ten foot heart made of condoms that they had hanging in the window of a store with the phrase..."Give Love, Get Love." I was so upset by it! They didn't take it down, but I felt a lot better that I tried.

Miken Harding said...

Here's what the church has to say concerning the issue.

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma