Monday, November 3, 2008

Yes! on Prop 102

As we all know, the big Election Day is coming up tomorrow. This is my very first election (I was too young to vote in the last presidential election) and I am very excited to let my voice be heard. This is also, as the EIB Network calls it, "the most important election of our time".
While I do have many strong opinions on who should be the next president and vice president of the United States (Go McCain/Palin!) I don't really want to talk about that too much right now.
What I really want to address is the very important Proposition 102. I wish I could tell you how much this is going to effect our country and the things we believe in, but I am sure I don't know the half of it! The effect is going to monumental! I believe this because the General Authorities are asking us to vote for marriage on this important proposition. They wouldn't ask us if it wasn't important!!!
We all know what will happen if this doesn't pass - we all know what has happened in other states already.....from Catholic adoption centers being closed down for not giving children to gay couples, preachers being sued for not marrying gay couples, and probably the scariest of all, children being taught that being gay is acceptable and having to celebrate "gay day" and read books where Prince Charming marries the prince from the other kingdom and not the beautiful princess.
I don't know about you, but this terrifies me!
Don't get me wrong, I have friends who are gay, and I love them very much. I honestly don't care what they do in their spare time - it is their decision and I am not going to judge them for what they do.
Still, I do not condone their behavior and I really do not want my children to be taught that it is acceptable behavior that should be celebrated.
I really feel very strongly about this and I am asking you, the devoted readers of my blog, to please, if you haven't already, go to the polls tomorrow and let your voice be heard.
Vote Yes on Proposition 102 - for my children and for yours.
We have a great opportunity to stop evil like this from infecting our great nation!
God Bless America!

1 comment:

BeauandEbenHolwick said...

Hey, of course I remember you. I remember Mr. Willard telling me you were getting married a while back. Congrats! Yep, Finally, after both our missions and 3 1/2 years without seeing each other, Beau and i got married. Married life is awesome! And I can't wait for our little boy to come. It was great to hear from you.