Friday, October 3, 2008

Birthday

Yesterday was my Big Birthday Bash! I turned the ripe ol' legal age of 21!! Now, I was a little worried that it would be a boring Birthday because - let's face it - Mormon's don't have a lot to look forward to when it comes to our 21st Birthdays - we don't drink, we don't gamble.....but my Birthday was awesome!!!
Jon gave me tickets to see Lion King (broadway)!!! I was so excited because that show is #1 on my list of shows to see!!!
When I showed up to work my desk looked like a carnival tent! It had streamers all over and posters and balloons!! It was awesome!!!
Some sweet little girls who stay late after school with me everyday pulled their money together for a cake for me and they got their entire class to sing to me, and another student made me some brownies, while yet another student brought me some cookies (sugar overload, but it was sooo sweet of them!!) If that wasn't enough, I had 4 phone calls with classes singing happy birthday over the speaker phone!
All of that was just at work!
When I got home, Jon took me to Joe's Crab Shack where I got crab legs -- YUM!!! - and they sang to me.
Then, just to add to the deliciousness of the day - we then went to the Cheesecake Factory and got entire cheesecakes! Snickers and some fruity flavor that Jon likes - that I am sure will kill you -
Lacie and Sam, Ben and Tara, and Brendin and Nikki (yup, the Blogging Guru) came over and we had cheesecake and I got some amazing gifts - they really were too generous!!! I got beautiful old books - The Scarlet Letter (it's a bright red book!!), The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Moby Dick - and Jon got me the most amazing Complete Works of William Shakespeare!! Nikki and Brendin got me a gift card to a great shoe store!
I was really soooo spoiled this year! I am so grateful for all of the time and effort and money everyone spent to make my Birthday special!!
Whoever said Mormon's can't have a rockin' good 21st was crazy!!!!!!!

No comments: